smoktech alien update

amy2019

smoktech alien update

Post by amy2019 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:50 am

If you’re happy with the performance of your device, there’s no real need to update the firmware. Especially if you’re not using it in temp control mode, since that’s the main purpose of upgrading. If you’re not happy with the new firmware, you can always roll back to the previous version anytime.

One of the most notable improvements is that the Alien will now prompt you for a new coil, when it detects one. However, be aware that sometimes it won’t always catch your new resistance, if you slip on an atomizer when it’s not active. You’ll have to unscrew it, hit the fire button, and try again. That’s the most annoying part about using this device. Just be careful when switching atomizers.

Warning: If by some chance you’ve already updated your Alien with the wrong firmware and “bricked” your mod, it may still be possible to restore it. Follow these instructions below and your mod should be back in a jiffy.
How to update your SMOK Alien | A quick and dirty guide

There are a bunch of great videos on YouTube that will show you how to do it. The best ones are over an hour long. They even have a guide on SMOK’s official website, but it isn’t laid out so well. If you’re like me, you probably ain’t got time for all that, so here’s the quick and dirty way.

Note: According to SMOK, you should hold the fire button the entire time during the update, but I have done it over three times without doing so. No problemo. Leave a comment if it worked for you.
 ! Message from: amy2019
Note: This will only work on a Windows PC. If you own a Mac, you will unfortunately need to do your upgrade on another computer.
  1. The first thing you’ll need to determine is whether your Alien is a Version A or a Version B. This will be displayed when you turn the mod on or off. If it says V1.x.x, then it’s Version A. If it says VB1.x.x, then you’ll need the firmware update for Version B.
  2. Now, you’ll need to download the appropriate version. Since it’s a compressed file, you must extract the files into a folder. Double-click on the file and choose the folder where you want the files to go. Select Desktop, so you don’t have to go searching for them afterwards.
  3. Run the executable file called “NuMicro ISP Programming Tool”.
  4. Remove your batteries from the Alien. Attach the mod to your computer using the Micro USB data-transfer cable, preferably the same one that came with your device.
  5. Once the device is connected, click on the Connect button in the upper right-hand side of the software. It should now say Connected in green.
  6. Make sure it says 00013000 in the box labeled Config 1: 0x. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to download the software again and re-install it, according to SMOK. Don’t give up, try again!
  7. On the bottom, just above the status bar, select Erase All under the Program menu. Click Start. This will completely delete the previous firmware version on your mod. When it’s complete, you will see the word PASS in green letters at the bottom of the window.
  8. Click on the APROM button under Load file. Make sure the folder where you extracted the software is selected. Click on Bin Files (*.bin) in the lower right-hand side, and choose Intel Hex Files (*.hex) from the drop-down menu. Click on the hex file and select Open.
  9. Under the Program menu, just above the status bar, select APROM and hit the Start button.
  10. If it says PASS in green, then you’re good to go! Enjoy your updated Alien.
Source: https://vaping360.com/best-vape-mods/bo ... en-review/

amy2019

Re: smoktech alien update

Post by amy2019 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:54 am

milkybay

Re: smoktech alien update

Post by milkybay » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:17 am

Now, you’ll need to download the appropriate version. Since it’s a compressed file, you must extract the files into a folder. Double-click on the file and choose the folder where you want the files to go. Select Desktop, so you don’t have to go searching for them afterwards.
Run the executable file called “NuMicro ISP Programming Tool”.
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but could you help me with this? I have the above mentioned problems and my firmware looks like it is not going to work. I suspect the problem is with the programming bugs that I can't fix.

Hitoki Laser Vape Use

Return to “Smok Tech”