The MOTI good looking pod vape Review- vaping360

Matilda

The MOTI good looking pod vape Review- vaping360

Post by Matilda » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:22 pm

The MOTI is an ultraportable pod vape made by Mojo, the company that makes the little disposable vapes. Currently, it’s only sold in a couple of online stores before its official release in a few weeks, but the hype train is picking up steam! The major selling point of the MOTI is that it comes with refillable pods (with prefilled pods coming down the line), and it’s said to have an amazing performance for a device of its kind.

The battery capacity is 500 mAh, the pods hold 1.8 mL of juice, and the coils have a resistance range between 1.2-1.5 ohms. The engine behind the supposed top-notch performance is in the MOTI wick. It’s a honeycomb ceramic core technology that’s claimed to be efficient and flavorful with any style e-juice. Eventually, you can opt for your choice of six prefilled flavors that will be the same flavors in the Mojo (which are really quite good). The one flavor available now is their tobacco flavor that’s in the pre-filled kit.

Colors: black, warm grey, white, red, yellow, pink, teal, blue, aurora and silver
Kit price: $29.95 (at MOTI)
4-pod pack price: $14.95 (at MOTI)
Specifications

Draw-activated
Integrated 500 mAh rechargeable battery
LED indicator
Magnetic base connection to keep MOTI pods secured in place
Charge time: ~50 minutes
Dimensions: 115mm x 20mm x 10mm
Provides protection against short circuits / low voltage / low resistance / overheating
10-second safety cutoff
Micro USB Recharging Port
Up to 800 puffs per juice tank
1.8mL Juice Capacity
Resistance Range: 1.2Ω - 1.5Ω
6th-generation honeycomb ceramic core
Pre-filled for MOTI closed system

Kit Content
Build quality and design
Moti Pod Vape Review

The MOTI is a good looking pod vape, and it feels good in the hand. I got the warm grey color (silver is pictured above), but there’s going to be several cool colors for the device. Still, it’s not wildly different in looks from others like it. Mixed in a drawer with my other pod vapes, it doesn’t exactly stand out from the rest (maybe because mine is the standard grey color for these kinds of kits).

The MOTI measures 12 mm x 19 mm x 115 mm, and it weighs 24 g. It’s about the same size as the Phix, and it takes those same kinds of magnetized drop-in pods that have too much wiggle room. They don’t rattle or anything like that, but playing with the pod in the battery reveals tolerances that could be tighter.

I wish the pods clicked into place. The magnets are strong enough to not slip out on their own, but one drop and the pod will likely shoot out. Too many pod vapes now have this connection system. Depending on where you are, an errant pod could mess up your whole day! Storm drain? Yeah, you know it can happen.

Just like other similar pod vapes, the MOTI is a plug-and-play device that’s operated by an automatic draw, though it looks like it has a button. What you see on the front of the device is actually an LED that lights when you take a draw on it. Luckily it’s not a bright light. It’s subtle and easily covered for stealth missions.

Moti Pod

The pods are nicely made, on the inside and outside (setting aside the magnetized connection). The plastic of the pod feels sturdy and thick — looking almost like glass — and the mouthpiece is ergonomically designed for the lips. They’re minor details done well.

The 1.8 mL pods are refilled by pulling off the mouthpiece and totally removing the black plug under it. But note: the pre-filled pods are not refillable. If you get the empty pods, just grip the transparent part of the pod and pull up on the mouthpiece. It comes off fairly easily, and it clicks back into place on the pod. Just don’t forget the rubber plug.

Moti Pod Vape Refilling

You’re going to need a pointy tip or unicorn-type bottle — though I think a syringe tip would be ideal. The ports are too narrow to easily fill with dropper bottles. It can be done, but not in a rush! I got too giddy and wasted some juice trying to fill it quickly with a dropper. D’oh! Lesson learned.
Honeycomb ceramic core
Moti Pod Vape Review

Inside the pod is a “6th generation honeycomb ceramic coil.” I don’t exactly know where the other five generations are, but this version is awesome! It wicks efficiently and quickly. Here, it again reminds me of the Phix, but it’s a more evolved wicking system than that — and the Phix isn’t refillable.

One helpful little feature of the design is an unobstructed view of the ceramic; directly under the chimney, facing out on both the front and back of the pod. It shows you perfectly when the ceramic has absorbed juice! (Check the image above.)

As soon as the ceramic looks darker and fully wet, you can take a hit. If you want to expedite the wicking after a fill, place a finger under the pod (covering up the airflow), and drag on the mouthpiece. You’ll be able to see the ceramic wicking. Just don’t get overzealous pulling on it or it could flood. If you use high VG juice, which I did try, it will be slow to wick no matter what you do. It’s best to be patient though. Give it 5-10 minutes and let it do its thing.

Moti Pod Vape Performance

The flavor and vape quality of the MOTI is better-than-good! I’m impressed. Because most pod vapes in this class have a low-level flavor output, I typically say something is “better-than-average” when one performs well. But the MOTI performs better than those!

With typical nic salt juice, it wicks quickly, and the hits are very consistent. The relatively quiet draw is a tight MTL, and the vapor is north of warm but comfortable. It’s got a firm throat hit, depending on your nic strength, but it’s never too aggressive. I’ve had no leaking, spitting or popping. I did get a little gurgle, but that was after force-feeding the wick (so be careful if you’re going to do that).

I tried four different juice ratios and nic strengths, and vaped at least a pod full of each:

70/30 PG/VG; 24 mg (regular nic)
50/50 PG/VG; 50 mg (nic salt)
70/30 VG/PG; 6 mg (regular nic)
100% VG; 3 mg (regular nic)

Props to MOTI Vape, all of those juices wicked without giving a bad hit. The 100% VG showed signs that it couldn’t keep up with frequent hits, and the flavor wasn’t that great, but it still vaped without burning or even tasting off (I took it easy though). The 70/30 VG/PG juice exceeded my expectations. The flavor was good, though not as good as with the 50/50 and high PG. But for this kind of device, vaping freely on high VG is no small feat.

My goal was to put the honeycomb ceramic core to the test. It passed! Now back to reality. I still recommend sticking to 50/50 style juices (nic salt or regular nic). That’s where the device really shines for flavor and hit. With 50/50 juice, the MOTI even keeps up with long drags, which is how I vape. Multiple hits in succession are fine too, but I wouldn’t try and push it like it has temperature control. It’s fantastic at wicking, but there are limits.

Moti Pod Vape Battery

At 500 mAh, the battery of the MOTI can last me a day of consistent usage. It’s got a bit more capacity for others in its weight class, so that’s a plus. Charging the device could be a bit quicker though. It took almost a whole hour to fully charge it, but luckily it has pass-thru charging. In general, I’m pleased with the battery life considering the stealthy-size of the device.

Pros

Great flavor for a pod vape
Nice MTL draw
Quick and efficient wicking
Vapes relatively quietly
No spitting or popping
No leaking
Refillable (with prefilled options for later release)
Several colors choices
Good battery life (a solid day on a charge)
Pass-thru charging

Cons
Pods have too much wiggle room
Charge could be faster

I really enjoyed my initial time with the Moti, but the refillable version has since failed me. Several new pods don’t make a connection. I try to take a hit and nothing happens. Then when I try those same pods in another random Moti battery, they will work. Additionally, I’ve got some real leaking; not just simple seepage. Also, the flavor has been seriously lacking and I’ve even had dry hits on the Moti, something that simply was not happening with my first batch of pods.

Because of these issues, I do not recommend the refillable Moti (any more). If the quality control can get back in order, I’d gladly go back to recommending it because it originally worked great. If you’re trying to decide between this and the Caliburn, I’d recommend the Caliburn in a split second. Although the draw of the Moti is a perfect MTL, that’s not good enough to make up for all the other issues I’ve been experiencing lately.

Note: I’m leaving my original verdict so you can see how I felt when I first used the device. Also, my original verdict was not made in haste. I had used the Moti a lot and tested several coils. They had all performed great. Everything went downhill when I purchased Moti pods after the review.
Verdict

I really like this device. The MOTI hit is satisfying, the flavor is really pronounced, and it wicks like a champ. That honeycomb ceramic core is no joke! I also appreciate the option of prefilled kits (slated for later release) for new vapers out there. And since I found out that the Mojo flavors are going to be the same flavors for the MOTI, I may have to pick up some of those too, as soon as they become available.

But don’t get me wrong, I prefer using my own juice. What’s crazy though is I’ve been using nic salts in the MOTI that I normally only use in MTL RTAs. The flavor is good enough to bring out the top-shelf juice! Aside from the slightly long charge and the pods having a little wiggle room, I only have good things to say about it. Source: vaping360

Hitoki Laser Vape Use

Return to “Pod System”